PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST GUIDELINES
The Cranston Public Library adheres to the Access to Public Records Act, R.I. Gen. Laws §38-2-1, et. seq., and has instituted the following procedures for the public to obtain public records.
1. In order to document compliance with the Access to Public Records Act, we request that you complete the Public Records Access Request Form. Completed forms may be mailed to:
Cranston Public Library, 140 Sockanosset Cross Road, Cranston, Rhode Island 02920 Attn: Library Administration/Public Records Request
or hand-delivered to the Library Administration Office, Cranston Public Library, 140 Sockanosset Cross Road, Cranston, Rhode Island 02920 during regular business hours.
Regular business hours of the library administration office are Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm.
2. Please be advised that the Access to Public Records Act allows a public body ten (10) business days to respond, which can be extended an additional twenty (20) business days for “good cause.” We appreciate your understanding and patience.
3. Pursuant to R.I.G.L. § 38-2-4, the Cranston Public Library may charge a fee of fifteen cents ($.15) per page and an hourly rate of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour of time spent searching, retrieving and copying documents; however, no fee will be charged for the first sixty minutes of such time. Copies on paper larger than standard legal size, or made available on media different than that on which the information is stored, will be charged at the actual production and/or reproduction cost.
4. You are not required to provide identification or the reason you seek the information, and your right to access public records will not depend upon providing identification or reasons.
5. These guidelines are not exhaustive and the Library reserves any and all other rights that may apply to it under the Access to Public Records Act.