Welcome to PHASE TWO of the Cranston Public Library Re-Opening Plan.
We are happy to announce that all locations are open for in-library service. (note: the Arlington branch will remain closed for now)
Due to distancing regulations, we must limit the number of staff in each area of each library. We appreciate your patience!
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- All library patrons over 2 years old must be wearing a mask to enter the library.
- Social distancing is required (6 feet distance)
- If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of illness, we ask you that you refrain from entering the library at this time.
- We have hand sanitizer for your use and restroom facilities for handwashing at all locations.
We will be open on a modified schedule. The Arlington Branch will remain closed.
|Monday 11 - 7||Monday 12 - 5||Monday 1 - 5||Monday closed||Monday 12 - 5|
|Tuesday 11 - 7||Tuesday 12 - 5||Tuesday 12 - 5||Tuesday 12 - 5||Tuesday 12 - 5|
|Wednesday 9 - 5||Wednesday 12 - 5||Wednesday 12 - 5||Wednesday 12 - 5||Wednesday 12 - 5|
|Thursday 9 - 5||Thursday closed||Thursday closed||Thursday closed||Thursday 12 - 5|
|Friday 1 - 5||Friday 12 - 5||Friday 12 - 5||Friday 12 - 5||Friday closed|
|Saturday 9 - 1||Saturday 10 - 1||Saturday closed||Saturday 10 - 1||Saturday 10 - 1|
In Phase Two, we must limit the amount of library users who can be in each location.
Please follow staff instructions at each location regarding capacity limits.
Note: the Central Library Children's Room, Teen Room, and C-Lab and the Auburn Children's Room will be closed for the beginning of Phase Two. All meeting rooms will be closed.
We ask that when possible, only 1 family member come into the library to pick up books or browse.
Computer use will be limited to 1 hour during Phase Two. You must have a reservation to use a computer so that we may sanitize each workstation between uses. You may make a reservation by calling the library, or in person when you visit. Due to social distancing measures, staff can only provide limited computer assistance in the library.
We are offering remote technology help. Click here to make an appointment for virtual technology help.
Library Procedures: The "Now" Normal
- The library will be open for holds pickup, browsing, and computer use only.
- Tables and study rooms will be unavailable.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow any sitting or congregating in the library during Phase Two.
- The stacks at most locations will be off-limits, however our staff will be happy to retrieve any in-stock item for you.
- Please browse our new material displays located thoughout the building
- Reference services will be available.
- All materials must be returned in the book drops. Please do not hand materials to staff.
- We are not accepting any donations at this time.
You can now login to the catalog and place holds on up to 10 items, including items from other libraries.
Please note that due to circumstances beyond our control, we are only receiving deliveries from other libraries 2 days per week instead of 5 days per week.
PRE-ORDERING IN STOCK MATERIALS
To save time when you visit the library, you may call or email ahead to request items that are currently on our shelves. You may ask library staff to set aside specific items, or you may request materials on a certain topic or for a certain age. You can browse materials online using the catalog. Please leave enough time for library staff to select items before you arrive.
To request library materials at all locations (except Arlington) you can either:
|Call your branch library|
Email your branch library:
Picking up items without entering the building will only be available at the Central library and the Auburn branch. Please call or email to have your items pre-checked out and ready for you. Contactless pickup will only be available for current holds and items you have pre-ordered. Library staff cannot pull additional items when you arrive for pick-up.
Auburn Branch pickup: please call 401-781-6116 when you arrive.
Yes! All of our book drops are open and ready to receive materials. Please place returns in book drops only. Do not hand to staff.
We will quarantine items for 48 hours. You do not need to sanitize or clean materials before returning.
Please be advised that returned items will stay on your account for up to 48 hours; you will not be charged overdue fines.
Staff will print documents on demand for patrons if you call or email.
Remote printing using PrinterOn currently available at the Central library only.