The Friends of the Cranston Public Library sponsor the Museum Membership Program to allow library patrons discounted or free admission to the following museums and cultural societies.
Reserve a museum pass online or call the Reference Desk at 401-943-9080 x3.
• BLITHEWOLD MANSION, GARDENS & ARBORETUM
Admits up to 6 people at $7 for every adult. Youth ages 6-17 and under are $2. Valid April through mid-October. Only one pass is available per day, so reserve in advance.
• BOSTON MUSEUM OF SCIENCE
Admits up to 4 people at $10 per person. Only one pass is available per day, so reserve in advance.
• MYSTIC AQUARIUM
$5 off each admission for up to 4 people.
• PAWTUCKET RED SOX
$5 per ticket for up to six people or a flat rate of $27 for six tickets. Only one ticket is available per game, so reserve in advance.
• PROVIDENCE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
Half off the $12 general admission price for up to 4 people. Children under age 1 are free.
• RISD MUSEUM OF ART
Pass admits two. All children 18 and under free. The RISD Museum is free on Sundays. Only one pass is available per day, so reserve in advance.
• ROGER WILLIAMS PARK ZOO
$3 off the admission price for any combination of 4 adults, seniors and children. Children under age 1 are free. Note: The library pass is not valid for the months of January and February, as well as for fundraising exhibits and special events.
•SOUTH COUNTY MUSEUM
Family pass. Free Admission. Only one pass is available per day, so reserve in advance.
MUSEUM PASS PROGRAM RULES
• Passes may be reserved up to thirty (30) days in advance.
• You must present your library card to borrow.
• An individual may borrow passes for each museum up to four (4) times per year.
• One set of passes may be borrowed per family/per day.
• Passes are due the same day they are borrowed unless otherwise instructed by the librarian.
• Passes must be returned to the Cranston Public Library (Central Library) on Sockanosset Cross Road.
• Passes, in their cases, may be returned to the bookdrop, provided each pass is back at the library prior to opening the following day. (No later than 8:30 am)
• The fine for overdue passes is $5 per day/per pass.