It’s more important than ever to feel confident about information that helps maintain good health. We want all residents of Cranston to rely on CPL as a trusted resource for fact-finding and combating misinformation, especially where health and wellness are concerned.
Healthy Families at the Cranston Public Library is a program to empower families to access accurate health information from dependable library and community resources.
Carefully curated materials are available in print and online.
Our staff is specially trained to direct patrons to multicultural, multilingual health resources.
Our partnerships with experts at the OneCranston Health Equity Zone (HEZ), the Comprehensive Community Action Program (CCAP), and others ensure that we are bringing the best information to the community.
Visit the Healthy Families kiosk at the Central library to learn more.
- We are presenting several in-person and virtual programs on a wide range of health topics. Some of these programs will be presented in Spanish. Please see the event listings below, and visit events.cranstonlibrary.org for details and to register. More information will be provided as new events are scheduled.
Additionally, the following on-demand episodes of the Down Time with Cranston Public Library podcast cover the health topics indicated. Click an episode title to learn more and to listen.
- Episode 77: Author Connelly Akstens and Volta Tran, Trans Health Education & Policy Specialist at Thundermist Health Center
- Episode 85: Healthy Families at Cranston Public Library
- Episode 86: Graphic Medicine
- Episode 88: Recovery Connections
- Episode 102: Healthy Eating, Healthy Living