- Masks are required for all unvaccinated patrons. Masks not required for library patrons under 2 years old.
- Physical distancing is requested (3 feet distance)
- Seating and study tables are available at all locations
- Newspapers are available at all locations
- Reservations are no longer required for computer use - computer use increased to 3 hours per day
- Meeting rooms may now be booked
We are still offering remote technology help. Click here to make an appointment for virtual technology help.
Picking up items without entering the building is available at certain locations. Please call or email to have your items pre-checked out and ready for you. Contactless pickup will only be available for current holds and items you have pre-ordered. Library staff cannot pull additional items when you arrive for pick-up.
Central Library pickup: please call 401-943-9080 x2 when you arrive.
Auburn Branch pickup: please call 401-781-6116 when you arrive.
William Hall branch pickup: please call 401-781-2450 when you arrive.
Oaklawn Branch pickup: please call 401-942-1787 when you arrive.
Ocean State Libraries have agreed to waive fines for fines accrued March 14, 2020 - June 30, 2021. Cranston Public Library has permanently eliminated fines on our books, audiobooks, and magazines, and our children's & teen collections.