The Cranston Public Library will only accept donations of materials consistent with the following policy.
- All donations are accepted by the library without condition.
- All donations become the property of the library and cannot be returned.
- Donations may be added to our collection following the criteria of the library collection development policy. Donations not added to the collection will be sold in the library book sale or discarded. Donations added to the collection may be subsequently withdrawn when they are worn or when their content is no longer current.
We will accept the following materials in MINT condition only:
- Adult hardcover and paperback books
- Children’s hardcover and paperback books
- Young adult hardcover and paperback books
- Compact discs in original cases
- DVDs in original cases
- Unabridged books on CD in original packaging
We will not accept the following:
- Any materials that have mold, odors or stains
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Magazines or newspapers of any kind
- Vinyl record albums
- Computer games and software
- Computers, eReaders and other electronic items
- Puzzles, games, and toys, including stuffed animals
- Video cassettes
- Books on tape
If you need a receipt for tax purposes, the library will provide one. Federal regulations prohibit the library from giving estimates of value for donated materials.
The library cannot pick up donations. Donations are accepted at library locations during normal business hours. Do not leave donations in the library book drop.
Approved by the Cranston Public Library Board of Trustees 9/13/2017