WELCOME TO THE C-LAB
The C-Lab is Cranston Public Library's space for learning, exploring, and experimenting with technology. The C-Lab offers structured classes, innovative programs, one-on-one technology assistance (by appointment), and open hours where the public can drop in.
OPEN TECH TIME -Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm and Wednesdays from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Open-lab time where you can drop-in and learn about the new technology we have in the lab, practice what you learned in our computer classes, or receive basic assistance with your technology.
Services & Equipment:
- 3D Printing with Makerbot Replicator 2X or Lulzbot Mini (FAQ & Policy)
- Vinyl to MP3 Conversion with Audio-Technica Stereo Turntable (FAQ & Policy)
- VHS to DVD Conversion with Roxio Conversion Software (FAQ & Policy)
- Basic Technology & Computer Assistance with Dell Laptops (Windows 8/10)
LEARNING LOUNGE - Thursdays 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The Learning Lounge is a time for adults to achieve their learning goals in a technology assisted environment with guidance and support from experienced teachers and librarians.
Discover and use digital resources for learning and career needs while you learn with and from your peers.
Receive assistance with:
- Improving your English and Writing skills
- Studying for the GED
- Applying for jobs!
- Writing and reviewing your Resume and Cover Letter!
- Improving your Computer Basics skills
The service is free and is offered in partnership with the Rhode Island Family Literacy Initiave. No appointment or reservation is needed. Laptops are available to use or feel free to bring your own device.
Visit our computer class webpage for further information.
ONE-ON-ONE TECHNOLOGY APPOINTMENTS
Visit our technology appointment's webpage for more information.
|Makerbot Replicator 2X 3D printer (1)||Roxio VHS to DVD Converter|
|Lulzbot Mini 3D Printer (1)||iPad 2 iMovie Installed|
|Windows 8 Laptop (1)||Dell Latitude 3540 Laptops with Windows 10 (12)|
|Audio-Technica AT-LP60-USB Automatic Stereo Turntable (1)||Exploration Station|
|Monoprice 3D Printer (2)||Raspberry Pi|