Welcome to the William Hall Library

Cranston Public Library: William Hall Library

Incorporated in 1896 as the Edgewood Free Library, this location was renamed in 1921 after local businessman William H. Hall bequeathed part of his estate to its development. The building itself was completed in 1927, and, from 1966-1983, the William Hall Library served as the administrative center for the newly unified Cranston Public Library system. Today, the William Hall Library hosts a variety of popular programs—including ESL and citizenship classes with the Rhode Island Family Literacy Initiative (RIFLI), reading groups, youth programming, theatre programs and free music concerts.