GUIDELINES FOR BORROWING AND USE
- eReaders can only be checked out from and returned to the Circulation Desk at the Cranston Public Library Central Library. Do not use a bookdrop. Do not return to a Cranston Public Library branch location or a public library in another community.
- eReaders may be borrowed for a 21 day period and may not be renewed.
- Phone-call holds may be placed on eReaders. We will hold the eReader until close of business that day.
- Borrowers must be 18 years old or older. Borrowers must read, understand, and sign this agreement the first time (s)he checks out an eReader. The agreement will be filed in your library record.
- Parents or legal guardians must sign this agreement to authorize children under 18 to check out eReaders.
- Borrowers must be in good standing with the Library , have a valid Ocean State Libraries library card, with a current address on file and no outstanding fines over $5.00
FINES AND LIABILITY
- The overdue fine is $5.00 a day. (maximum fine $25.00)
- The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of eReader and/or peripherals due to neglect or abuse. The replacement cost for an eReader $200.
- $20 replacement fee for lost or damaged charger, $30 replacement fee for lost or damaged case, $30 replacement fee for lost or damaged tote bag.
PROPER CARE AND USE
- As with any electronic device, use care when handling.
- The software and settings may not be altered and nothing can be added or removed from the eReader’s internal storage. The eReaders cannot be used with the library’s Overdrive eZone service.
EREADER LENDING AGREEMENT (lending agreement must signed in person at the Circulation Desk.)
- To abide by the Cranston Public Library’s eReader lending guidelines as stated above.
- To pay an overdue fine as stated above if returned late.
- To pay full repair and/or replacement costs should the eReader or any peripherals be stolen, lost, not returned, or damaged
Approved by the Cranston Public Library Board of Trustees August 2012.